In-Depth Training on ISO 9001 and Quality Tools for New and Experienced Employees
DATE: Not Currently Scheduled. Available to be Presented at Your Location. Call for More Info.
LOCATION: Not Currently Scheduled.
LENGTH: 8 Hours
If your organization is certified to ISO 9001 (or pursuing certification), you need employees who have more than just a basic understanding of the standard. This in-depth, eight-hour course provides the invaluable foundation employees need to function effectively. It's also a useful refresher for personnel who have been re-assigned to functions that now require greater understanding of ISO 9001. In addition to knowledge of ISO 9001, your employees also need to know the tools used in quality management system (QMS) initiatives. This course will provide an overview of the commonly used QMS tools, how they interrelate, and tips for successfully utilizing them.
This one-day course is packed with information that can be used right away. The morning session is devoted to ISO 9001. It includes discussion of:
- The purpose of ISO 9001
- Why it's important for you organization to maintain your certification
- Significance of the quality policy and quality objectives
- Process approach
- What it means to control nonconforming material
- Why we conduct internal audits
- How to respond to a third-party audit
The afternoon session will include training on the most commonly used QMS tools:
- Root cause analysis: You'll learn what root cause analysis is, when to use it, and how to do it.
- Corrective action: You'll learn when (and when not) to conduct corrective action, a simple method for conducting corrective actions, and how and when to communicate the results of corrective action.
- Document control: You'll learn the difference between documents and records, what needs to be controlled (and what doesn't), and who to involve in the process.
- Records control: You'll learn how and why records need to be controlled, what constitutes records, and who needs to be involved in the process.
- Certificate of attendance for each PAID participant
- Get your specific questions answered during the session
- Networking lunch and breaks
- Free copies of three books: The Corrective Action Handbook, Root Cause Analysis, and Document Control
- 25% Discount on all Paton Professional books and videos ordered at the event
Denise Robitaille is the author of numerous books on various quality topics. She is an internationally recognized speaker who brings years of experience in business and industry to her work in the quality profession. Denise is an active member of the U.S. TAG to ISO/TC 176, the committee responsible for updating the ISO 9000 family of standards. She is also a RABQSA-certified lead assessor, an ASQ Certified Quality Auditor, and a fellow of ASQ.
As the principal of Robitaille Associates she has helped numerous companies in diverse fields to achieve ISO 9001 registration and to improve their quality management systems. She has conducted training courses for thousands of individuals on such topics as corrective action, management review, auditing, document control and implementing ISO 9001.
Denise’s books include: The Corrective Action Handbook, The Management Review Handbook, The Preventive Action Handbook, Root Cause Analysis: Basic Tools and Techniques, Document Control, and Managing Supplier-Related Processes. She is a regular columnist for The Auditor newsletter and is the author of numerous articles.
GROUP DISCOUNTS AVAILABLE
Special rates are available for groups of five or more. To qualify and register a group, please contact us by phone at 530-342-5480.
CANCELLATIONS AND SUBSTITUTIONS
You may cancel your registration up to 10 business days before the seminar start date. Your registration fee will be refunded, less a $100 cancellation fee. If you need to cancel less than 10 business days prior to the seminar, you may send a substitute from your organization or transfer your registration fee to another Paton Professional course (public or online) that is scheduled within the next 12 months of the original event. Please note that if you don't cancel and don't attend, you are still responsible for payment.