LENGTH: Two Hours
We all face issues in collecting data. Either what data we have is poor in quality, or it is not right for our needs, or we may be missing essential data altogether.
While we all do data collection, we know there are better ways of doing it. This course helps cover the basics, and some more advanced topics, giving a wide range of help to professionals who are not full time data collection experts.
Data is not just numbers, either. We collect ideas as well as numeric data, and this course covers both kinds of data collection.
Data collection is a skill, and one that many need to have a refresher course on before they apply it. Since most professionals don’t do data collection daily, they may benefit from a short refresher course.
What You Will Learn
- Learn how to create data collection forms
- Master Measurement systems analysis, so you can make sure your variation is from the ‘parts’ and not from your measurement system
- Reduce variation due to the measurement process
- Three kinds of brainstorming, a nominal group technique and fishbone charts
Key Course Objectives
- Step-by-step explanation of various data collection tools
- Where and when to use the tools
- Added considerations are included (things to watch out for on each tool)
- A questions-and-answer technique is used to facilitate learning
Viewers of the On-Demand webinar get:
- Unlimited viewing of the webinar for one full year, including any updated versions
Douglas C. Wood has more 30 years' experience in industrial engineering and quality. He has saved millions of dollars at client firms and employers through his practical approach to measurement implementation. Wood is active in ASQ, serving in the past as Kansas City section chair, education chair, site committee chair for the 2003 Annual Quality Congress, and Quality Management Division (QMD) Cost of Quality technical committee chair. A senior member of ASQ, he holds two ASQ Certifications: CQE and Certified Manager of Quality/Organizational Excellence.
HOW DOES THIS ALL WORK?
After you register for this webinar, you will receive a confirmation e-mail containing a PDF file, which contains a link to view the session and other information. You will also receive an e-mail with a link to access the webinar.
We are so confident that you will find this webinar valuable that we offer a 100% money-back guarantee, making this a risk-free investment. If you are dissatisfied with the webinar, just let us know by phone or e-mail within 24 hours of the conclusion of the webinar for viewers of the live webinar and within 24 hours of your purchase of the On-Demand webinar and we will issue you a full refund.